Old Bend / Drake Park Neighborhood Historic District Neighborhood Guides
Discover the top luxurious communities in Old Bend / Drake Park, Bend, OR. Browse through each neighborhood to get the necessary information to help you decide on buying your dream home.
Historic Homes for Sale in Old Bend / Drake Park Neighborhood Historic District, Bend, OR
Old Bend / Drake Park Neighborhood Historic District is a distinct and exquisite residential enclave in Southwest Bend named after Alexander M. Drake. He was instrumental in the founding of the city of Bend, OR.
The Old Bend / Drake Park Neighborhood Historic Neighborhood comprises enormous clusters of Ponderosa Pine trees that adorn the district and landscaping segments with walkways that are regularly seen on most of the district’s streets. Basalt fieldstone is used extensively in constructing retaining structures and other complex landscaping components. The residences along the riverbank are absolutely stunning in their design and architecture. A large number of the initial residents possessed automobiles, and as a result, most of the homes are equipped with detached garages along the alleyways to keep them secure. If you would like to learn more about what the Old Bend / Drake Park Neighborhood Historic Neighborhood has to offer, please do not hesitate to contact our team at your convenience.
DRAKE PARK: It is a 13-acre park located on the northern edge of the Old Bend/Drake Park Neighborhood Historic District, and it includes nearly a half-mile of waterfront on Mirror Pond, acres of broad grassland, an outdoor platform, lavatories, and modest picnic tables. It is a favorite destination for locals and visitors alike. Many events are held in the park, including the Old Fashioned July 4th Celebration.
MIRROR POND: An reservoir of the Deschutes River was developed in 1910 by the development of the Bend Water, Light & Power Company dam, which served as the city’s first energy source. Today, the Mirror Pond serves as a picturesque backdrop to the wonderful residential structures that make up the Old Bend / Drake Park Neighborhood Historic District in Bend, Oregon.
HISTORIC HOMES: Most Old Bend / Drake Park Neighborhood Historic District homes were built in the 1920s, making it a beautiful neighborhood to walk about in. These properties are distinguished by their great historical legacy, which contributes to the increased value of these residences. Families interested in historic homes should explore the broad real estate market of Old Bend / Drake Park Neighborhood Historic District.
Old Bend / Drake Park Real Estate Information
10 Real Estate Facts About Old Bend / Drake Park Neighborhood Historic District, OR
- In the Old Bend / Drake Park Neighborhood Historic District, single-family homes, condominiums, multi-family homes, and apartments are just a few of the many different types of housing accessible to buyers.
- The local real estate market offers a diverse selection of residential properties with values ranging from $675,000 to $2.5 million.
- Homes in the area are fantastic alternatives for medium to large families because most residences are equipped with multiple rooms, some of which may have as many as six rooms.
- Lot sizes in the vicinity typically range from 0.08 acres to 0.28 acres.
- Properties range from 860 sq ft to 5,100 sq ft for most residences, allowing for spacious, open areas throughout each property.
- A few unoccupied parcels of land are also available in different locations throughout the region.
- The Tudor, English Cottage, Cape Cod, Dutch Colonial, and Spanish Villa designs that can be seen in the Old Bend / Drake Park Neighborhood Historic District are just a few of the architectural styles that can be found in the area.
- The great majority of the homes in the community have been built with dedicated garage space, which can accommodate an average of two vehicles per home.
- The bulk of the houses was built before the 1390s, giving them a deep historic appeal.
- Because of the high demand for custom-built homes in the region, only a limited amount of housing inventory is available in the area.
Latest Homes for Sale in Old Bend / Drake Park Neighborhood Historic District, Bend, OR
Old Bend / Drake Park Neighborhood Historic District Neighborhood Map
Old Bend / The Drake Park Neighborhood Historic District encompasses a general area defined on the east by Broadway Street, on the south by Tumalo Avenue, and the northwest by Riverside Boulevard. It is situated between the city center and the 11-acre Drake Park. The community is widely bounded by Mirror Pond, which serves as its western limit. Other notable landmarks that can be seen near the area include Wild Rose Northern Thai Eats on the north and Bend Whitewater Park and Columbia Park on the south.
Old Bend / Drake Park Neighborhood Historic District Interactive Map
Ready to take the next step?
Thank you for taking the time to visit my site! I am the founder and owner of the Bernard Real Estate Group. I am dedicated to providing an exceptional real estate experience throughout the Central Oregon area. My highest priority is communication with my clients, and as a result, you can expect a highly personalized experience in your next transaction and investment. It has been a privilege to build lasting relationships over the last two decades, and I would love the opportunity to represent you. Whether you are a buyer or a seller in the Central Oregon area, let me put my local knowledge and expertise from 29 years as a fellow resident to work for you.